Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Heavy Heart

Whenever I'm really upset I like to write. It is therapeutic in some ways as things don't always come out like you want them to, but when writing you can cross, erase, white things out so they sound just as they should. My heart is heavy and has been now that a dear friend is no longer here to talk to, laugh with, and enjoy their company. There is comfort in the fact that he is in heaven, but I can't send him a text, call him, or know he is just a few states away, which as selfish as it is, sucks. I know that my life was made better because I knew him, and I carry a piece of his story with me. I have memories with him that others don't and vice versa. That's the cool thing about life, relationships, and God. God puts people in your life for a reason, and knowing that where we are right now is our temporary home, and we will see our friends and family again in heaven someday, helps my heavy heart feel just a little bit lighter.

1 Thessalonians 4:13
"And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope."

No comments:

Post a Comment






 


Designed By:


Lovely Visitors

Keep Calm

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved