Friday, December 27, 2013

The True Meaning of Christmas

I saw this posted on Facebook, amongst the Santa pictures, gifts, Christmas cards pics, and whatnot. I really do want Samuel to know the true meaning of Christmas. We sang Happy Birthday to Jesus,(blowing out candles stuck in his french toast) :) and tried to reiterate that we are celebrating Jesus's birth, which is why it's like a big party, with gifts, food, etc. Christmas was a blast though, what an awesome time of year. My friend Sharon, shared a link with me that shows when people try to make Pinterest things and how they really turn out, which was hilarious. This is the last picture on the end of the site, which is funny and true.
Here is my own rendition of how society, Pinterest, supermoms, think things SHOULD look, and how in actuality, they turn out, which makes it even better… #1-Christmas pictures by the tree…
Here is our picture…..
At least Samuel was looking at the camera! :) #2-Christmas cookies Now I am no Martha Stewart, so I set my expectations super low with sugar cookies. Here is what they "SHOULD" have looked like:
Here are my sugar cookie/cream puff/biscuits (LOL) I'm still dying because I forgot to roll them out and use a cookie cutter.
I am not a Pinterest hata by any means, but it just isn't reality, just like FB isn't reality, just like taking pictures now isn't reality. You can take 5 million selfies until you look stunning and mesmerizing. There is a small part of me that misses taking pictures, dropping off that cheap camera, and waiting until they were developed. The element of suspense with pictures is gone. The element of suspense with phone calls is gone. Samuel will never get butterflies wondering if "that girl" is on the other line someday, because he can look at his IPhone 29 and see that the girl is calling him. But I digress…. here are some of my proud homemade goodies from this Christmas. Eat your hearts out supermoms! ;)
Yes, I did put my dead dog on my Christmas card…. Bella will always be in our hearts! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment






 


Designed By:


Lovely Visitors

Keep Calm

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved