Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Dancing Queen

One night in college I attended the annual Christmas dinner dance. I was just starting to date my soon to be hubby so what else could be better than a free meal and an all out grindfest? This event was held in one of the many ballrooms at the Holiday Inn. We were all having such a fun night and we decided to check out the other rooms in the hotel since there were other groups cupid shuffling burning their cals from dinner too. So we walked into a party of 50/60 yearolds. Either a work function or class reunion. All of a sudden my college girls and I were finding eligible men while the guys were wowed by cougars. I guess my tootsie roll was a little too risque for one woman's liking as she gave me a nasty look while pulling her man away saying "It's time to go Jerry." Hey girl...sometimes ya just gotta dance! So overall the crowd was loving our presence...One man decided to show off his dancing skills as we made a circle around him on the floor. (Think Office episode with Andy dancing and pulling his "down there" region). That was the unfortunate series of events that unfolded for this Bernard wannabe. He attempted to do a split and well...split not only his legs but what was between his legs. After a colleague yelled "Call 911" (Who knew this could've been used in a previous post) my college pals and I congalined out the door and reentered our party.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, man, this is hilarious. I loved this! By the way I'm Ashleigh Verrillo's friend. She told me to follow your blog and I'm so glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to be a "hit". Maybe I should pick up some pointers for my next wedding or special event. I know that I always stretch before I hit the dance floor!!
    Thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha Aaron and I relive this event often laughing about how crazy that elderly man was that probably broke his hip trying to keep up with college kids and had to be rushed away via ambulance. haha love you!

    ReplyDelete






 


Designed By:


Lovely Visitors

Keep Calm

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved