Thursday, August 5, 2010

Downward Dog

Yes, that is a yoga position, and yes it is excruciatingly painful. I embarked on my first yoga class today. Wow, what a killer! I came in with street shoes on, (Mistake one) as all other participants had neatly placed their sandals in a cubbie; I placed my tenners and crumpled socks in a neat ball in the corner. Also, my mat had "The Firm" proudly imprinted at the top. (Mistake two- is that a workout DVD from the 80's or something? I inhaled through my nose, and exhaled through my mouth, letting out oms, sighs, and throaty breaths. You are SUPPOSED to exhale through your nose, as the instructor politely reminded everyone. So in this basic yoga class, I learned how to do a headstand, and place my feet neatly in the crevices of my knees, while sitting on my head. We had to find the "flat" part of our head, which was surprisingly difficult, even for this blonde. The class was fabulous, and the Yoga Lounge is a must see for all you gumbilicious people.

1 comment:

  1. haha when I saw something on your facebook about yoga class I KNEW there would be a good post out of it :) love you! sorry I missed your call last night... I'll try to give you a call tomorrow! xoxo

    ReplyDelete






 


Designed By:


Lovely Visitors

Keep Calm

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved