Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's A Dinglehopper

So many moons ago my friend and I were living it up at Mad Mex not only enjoying the burritos and bottomless chips y salsa, but also the delish margaritas ( 3 22 ouncers to be exact) I tell you the quantity as this will play a major factor in this post. Soo what better way to end the night than to go to the pet store to look around? Well being the PITA advocate I am...I had to rescue a small cocker spaniel pup from the glass case cell in which she resided, poor pooch. It only made sense to buy her that night after margarita mehem. As $450 was swiped on each of our debits (What a steal right)? I had the honor to name our precious purchase. Dinglehopper was funny bc I heart The Little Mermaid, but Ariel was much better bc this pup was a girl. So $900 later we had full bellies, and full hearts. The next morning we realized what we had done and decided all purchases are returnable. We went to the petstore with our merdog and tried to return her sadly enough. We were each charged a $150 convenience fee (what convenience was provided I still don't know) and I got into a screaming match with the manager about how the dogs are from puppy mills, aren't taken care of, the whole gamete. My friend and I had our pictures taken by the surveillance camera and it is now posted in the store not allowing us to enter. I wrote a few letters and made some calls about this establishment but nothing happened. I think about Ariel from time to time and feel so bad for her. The owner of the store should wag more, bark less ( I love that bumper sticker) :)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for putting that story in print. It still makes me laugh. Moment of silence for Ariel... I think I am going to name my next dog Dinglehopper... would you call him Dingey? Hop? Anyway- more important things to discuss. Are you an offical card carrying member of PITA? Please take out the card from your wallet and read it for me. If it says PITA then you are probably a fan of the gyro of the month club. PETA is the organization of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. I got your back and just wanted to be sure that I was following. Animal lover or a Gyro lover? Gyro is a good dog's name!

    ReplyDelete






 


Designed By:


Lovely Visitors

Keep Calm

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved