Sunday, August 1, 2010

Pet Peeve # 1

I have many pet peeves, but I'll describe one in depth for this blog: People who THINK they are funny, but really are not. I have been in many a room when everyone is laughing at a joke or comment, I find not comical. I muster a smile, laugh, or some other sort of noise hoping everyone thinks I am laughing at the nonhumor, because really, what else can I do? Now, maybe I am the one lacking a sense of humor, but I don't think this is the case. So, I have realized that many people out there find themselves comical, unable to face the sad truth. Case in point, I had a training last week where the instructor, (I'll call him Pete) was a unfunny, fitmypetpeevetoat type of guy. These were 3 of his knee slappers:
1. Part of the training was related to choking victims, and how to save them. Pete was telling the story of a boy who choked on a lifesaver and how he used the Heimlich to save his life. Pete also told the fun fact of how a lifesaver has a hole in the middle so it really can help save someones life by the small bit of oxygen allowed to enter the lungs of a choking victim. Okay so far Pete, I now have some useless information to add to my repertoire of goodies in some part of my brain. Here it comes.... "Guess it wasn't really a lifesaver in this situation."
People actually LAUGHED at this. I grabbed a piece of candy from my purse and tried to choke, telling everyone NOT to save me. It was 8:45, 5 hours and 30 minutes left of this torture.
2. The next part of training entailed what to do for a burn victim. This is how he prefaced this topic. "I'll tell you what burns.... a spicy chicken sandwich from KFC."
3. A nice woman brought cold beverages for the last part of the training, because as noted above, everyone was comatose, one from the information, and two from the unlaughable comments mentioned. Another trainee who I was sitting with asked, "Why do PA people call soda, pop?" Pete, overheard and said, "Is carbonated flavored beverage better?"
I actually wrote these comments in my planner, because they were that bad. Now, am I eligible for a last comic standing gig, no. Do I think I'm funny? Sometimes, depends on the crowd. But would I ever try to use these types of jokes to get a rise out of people. NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment






 


Designed By:


Lovely Visitors

Keep Calm

 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2014 • All Rights Reserved